Friday, September 5, 2008

"All Things Horses" Photography Exhibit at
The Center for Fine Art Photography


There's something about horses that

make them fascinating photography subjects.

Never having been much of a horse person, I was not holding my breath for the upcoming exhibition. I was greeted with a great surprise once I saw the final results of the juried photography exhibition. Juried by world-renowned equine photographer,
Christiane Slawik, this exhibit brings together wonderful visions of a great variety of horses, and the impressive power and beauty of these animals, together in a cohesive and impressive display of art by forty two different artists from four countries. If you are of the equestrian-persuasion, you are sure to enjoy this gallery, and if you are not, these photographs might just change your mind! Click here to see the web gallery.

The All Things Horses Exhibition runs from September 5 - 27, 2008, at The Center for Fine Art Photography in Fort Collins, CO. The artists and public reception is tonight, September 5th, from 6:00 - 9:00 pm.

___________________________
PS While it has been an incredibly busy and exciting summer, I have not posted any articles on my blog lately. To my faithful readers, rest assured that several of my personal photography adventures and themed galleries will be posted in the upcoming weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Namaste' Dear Scott! I have been a horse fanatic all my life hahahah and one day my black stallion shall come forth into my life. lol, Horses are very similar to wolves, they even spook themselves the same! a wolf if they touch a flower while backing up will jump and look around as if to say "did I do that!" hahahaha one is not a predator animal of course, but for the differences there are many similarities as well.

They are powerful, intelligent, exquisite live masterpieces of natural art. Is that not a mouthful eh? I would have loved to have seen such an exhibit.

Beautiful picture Scott hope all is well in beautiful CO.